Magnolia Manor Park Update March 2017
Magnolia Manor Park Update
Great news! The Friends of Magnolia Manor Park (FMMP) will be applying for a Neighborhood Matching Fund (NMF) grant! The purpose? To secure more design suggestions for the north part of the park. This might include an update for the concrete patio area, moving the NE fence corner further east for a better mountain view or other input from YOU at the future public meetings.
What can you do to help? Be willing to pledge a few hours of volunteer time in advance. The NMF grant application requires a list of volunteers and their contact information. A link to do this online should be available soon. Or you can go to www.magnoliamanorpark.org, select Contact. Please include your name, email address, mailing address/zip code and the potential number of hours you will pledge.
- There are many volunteer opportunities – outreach, meetings, work parties and more!
- Photograph an outreach event and post online
- Promote the project at your church, school or among friends
- Love to get your hands dirty? Help with park cleanup and future planting
- Great opportunity to rack up community service hours for students and p-patchers
Yes, Parks turned down FMMP’s previous grant attempt for opening the east hill of Manor Park, citing maintenance costs in the tens of thousands annually. Hard to believe, right? Even harder to believe is that Parks Superintendent, Jesus Aguirre, had stated his support for a path open around the whole reservoir to both neighbors and FMMP previously.
FMMP is not giving up! More information to follow in the coming weeks.